The Mandruzzato family has lived and worked in Murano for three generations. Alessandro’s grandfather Luigi opened his workshop in 1934, in the same place as it is today, a location very dear to his heart as he had lived there before — the workshop is built on the foundations of an old boarding school. Here, along with his son Gianfranco, he began developing new and experimental techniques. Starting in 1956, thanks to an innovative marketing technique and experimental design, they captured the attention of the international artistic scene, participating in numerous events in Italy and abroad, working with artists of the caliber of Pablo Picasso.
Artwork by Alessandro Mandruzzato are exposed in many galleries and museums in Venice, Milan, New York, Paris, Moscow and Dubai, and are part of the permanent collection at the famous Library of Alexandria in Egypt, and at the Hermitage in St. Petersburg, Russia.indietro »